The Age of Mass Security Will Not Last Forever

featured image

When I was working at the CIA, if you had informed me that there would quickly come a youth disobedience that depend on lasers and traffic cones as sword and guard, and that it would pertain to disable among the world’s wealthiest and most powerful federal governments, I would have– at the minimum– raised an eyebrow. And yet as I compose these words almost a years later on, this is precisely what’s happening in Hong Kong, the city where I met with journalists to expose the trick that would change me from an agent of federal government into one of the world’s most wanted guys. As it took place, the extremely book that you now hold in your hands lay on the desk, the desk of the last hotel room I would ever pay for with a charge card.

Excerpted from Little Bro & Homeland by Cory Doctorow, with a brand-new introduction by Edward Snowden. Buy on Amazon

SUBSCRIBE

Subscribe to WIRED and stay smart with more of your favorite Concepts authors.


Excerpt from LITTLE BROTHER & HOMELAND by Cory Doctorow.


Photos: Anthony Wallace/Getty Images; Miguel Candela/Getty Images; Niklas Halle’ n/Getty Images; Barton Gellman/Getty Images

More Fantastic WIRED Stories

  • The country is resuming.
    https://www.thenewsedge.com/2020/07/31/the-age-of-mass-security-will-not-last-forever-2/

Comments